This includes university and RTO staff, lecturers, researchers, engagement staff and university careers units who regularly work with students that are studying FASEA or VET approved financial planning qualifications. This membership category is also open to high school careers advisers.
Why should you join the FAAA?
By becoming an Academic Affiliate member, you will:
- Stay informed: receive both the FAAA newsletters and Money & Life Professionals newsletters to stay abreast of significant policy changes, case studies and articles
- Support your students: access exclusive career, study and Professional Year resources for your students in the member-only FAAA Learn education hub.
- Maintain strong professional connections: join pertinent policy discussions on the online Community discussion forum
- Member rewards: enjoy invitations and discounts to a range of professional events and webinars.
- Higher education insights: access FAAA Learn and My CPD portal featuring the postgraduate course discounts matrix and CPD research webinars
- Community engagement: Fulfil your KPIs, with proof of engagement in the profession – available on request
- Engaged in full-time employment as an academic at an Australian higher education provider; or
- Engaged in part-time employment as an academic at an Australian higher education provider and not engaged in other employment in the financial services profession; and
- do not meet the eligibility criteria for a higher category of Membership; and
- are not currently providing financial advice or listed on the Financial Adviser Register.
See the FAAA Member Regulation for full eligibility.
This membership is complimentary for eligible academics, valued at $495.
Apply to become an Academic Affiliate member
Apply online now or for more information on becoming an Academic affiliate member of the FAAA please email or call our Member Services team on 1300 337 301.