Nominations are now open for the inaugural FAAA Awards program
The Financial Advice Association Australia (FAAA) has launched its inaugural FAAA Awards program, encouraging nominations to recognise members who deliver the highest standards of professional and trusted advice to Australian consumers, as well as those who are going above and beyond to support their local communities.
FAAA chief executive officer Sarah Abood said: “Now more than ever, we want to shine a light on the positive, life-changing advice that financial advisers give to their clients.
“These awards are a fantastic opportunity to share great stories about the value of financial advice. By supporting the FAAA Awards, you can help us celebrate commitment, talent, and passion within our profession” Ms Abood said.
The FAAA Awards recognise excellence in financial advice across six categories:
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER® Professional of the Year – this award recognises CFP professionals who have delivered best practice advice that has led to superior client outcomes
- Adviser of the Year – recognising practitioner members who have delivered best practice advice that has led to superior client outcomes, and proudly supported by Zurich
- Inspire Women – Excellence in Advice Award – recognising outstanding women in financial advice, and proudly supported by TAL
- Professional Practice of the Year – for the top-performing FAAA Professional Practice that demonstrates excellence in supporting advisers to deliver better client outcomes
- Gen Next Rising Star of the Year – open to current FAAA members in their first four years of practice, who have demonstrated outstanding achievements and commitment in that time as well as dedication to the financial advice profession and the FAAA community
- University Student of the Year – recognising a student enrolled in fulltime study in a relevant Bachelor or Masters Degree, who has demonstrated outstanding achievements and commitment to their studies and shown dedication to the FAAA Community.
Applicants must submit a nomination for the relevant award category. Visit https://faaa.au/awards/ to view full details and to submit a nomination.
Stage one of the judging process includes a formal submission via the online judging portal, addressing a series of questions with supporting documentation, as well as a short video.
The judging panels will then shortlist each category and finalists will participate in a round of interviews as part of the finalist showcase in the week commencing 9 October.
Winners will be announced at the FAAA Awards Gala Dinner at the FAAA Congress in Adelaide on 21 November.
Ms Abood said winners will be the first to be recognised under the new FAAA Awards Program, paving the way for professionals to come.
“As well as joining a prestigious honours list, winners will receive complimentary FY25 FAAA membership renewal, and complimentary 2024 FAAA Congress attendance.
“Our inaugural winners will also have the opportunity to share their financial advice insights with peers and the next generation as part of the 2024 FAAA Roadshow.
“Being an FAAA award recipient will also support advisers in attracting and retaining business, setting them apart as leaders in our profession to consumers and the wider financial advice profession,” Ms Abood said.
Applications for the FAAA Awards are now open and close on 8 September.
For more details on the FAAA Awards, visit: https://faaa.au/awards/