The FAAA’s specialist designations are designed for financial planners looking to master and enhance their offering in speciality areas of advice and to maintain these skills on an ongoing basis. Gaining an FAAA specialist designation will provide you professional recognition of your expertise.
FPA specialist designations currently on offer:
- FAAA Aged Care Specialist
We look forward to launching more specialist designations soon.
BECOME AN FAAA AGED CARE SPECIALIST
Gain confidence and competence to provide aged care financial advice and commit to ongoing training as a specialist.
In collaboration with Aged Care Steps, the FAAA offers financial planners expert training and ongoing professional development in the area of aged care advice, allowing you to become recognised as an FAAA Aged Care Specialist.
CFP® professionals or Financial Planner AFP® members
HOW TO APPLY
- Enrol and complete the Aged Care Steps Accredited Aged Care Professional™ program. Visit Aged Care Steps to enrol.
- Upon completion, apply to become an FAAA Aged Care Specialist by completing and submitting the application form in the Member Portal under ‘Applications’.
- Successful applicants will receive a confirmation letter, digital badge and designation usage guide from the FAAA within two weeks of final assessment.
- Each year, you are required to complete 9 CPD hours in the area of aged care to maintain your ongoing training and uphold the designation.
- To ensure the standards of the specialist designation are upheld, practitioners may be subject to regular CPD audits.
How do I qualify for the FAAA Aged Care Specialist™ designation?
What is involved to complete the Aged Care Steps Accredited Aged Care Professional TM program?
Do I have to be an FAAA member to complete the Aged Care Steps Accredited Aged Care Professional TM program?
What is the difference between the Specialist Designation and Accreditation?
What if I completed Accreditation with Aged Care Steps before 1 January 2022?
What is the Aged Care Steps accreditation refresh workshop?
Is there an RPL process if I have completed aged care training with another educational institution?
How much does it cost?
What if I’ve already completed the Aged Care Steps Accredited Aged Care Professional program?
How do I find out more?
Are there any ongoing requirements to maintain the FAAA Aged Care SpecialistTM designation?
Are there any ongoing requirements to use the Aged Care Steps Accredited Aged Care ProfessionalTM?