Members in the Practitioner category include those eligible to use the FChFP® and Financial Planner AFP® designations.
We also offer a dedicated membership sub-category for those registered as a Provisional financial planner / adviser on the FAR, which recognises the future of the financial planning profession through a tiered pricing structure to assist your entry into the profession.
Why should you join the FAAA?
By becoming a Financial Planner AFP® member, you will:
- Be recognised for your high professional standards. You can use the AFP® (or FChFp where eligible) designation as a mark of excellence on your stationery, website and other collateral.
- Shape the future of your profession. As a Practitioner member you will have voting rights and are welcome to contribute to the FAAA’s submissions to Government.
- Learn, grow and network. As a Practitioner member you will benefit from a high quality CPD program of events including webinars to support you in areas such as legislative, technical and practice management topics. Through your local Chapter, you can network and engage with local peers, whilst a range of Communities of Practice enables you to connect with like-minded peers to share best practice and new ideas
- Consumer awareness. The FAAA invests much energy in raising awareness about the high standards of FAAA members through initiatives such as PR and advertising.
Key member benefits
- Opportunity to provide input into advocacy with Government and Regulatory Bodies
- Receive the regular Policy & Advocacy Bulletin that unpacks the changes to legislation and regulation in a practical way
- Access to useful toolkits for advocacy and best practices in the Member Portal
- Dedicated listing on Find a Planner – the online directory connecting you to Australian consumers
- Connect with a wide network of your peers via the Community online discussion forum
- Access over 120 hours of free CPD through our online portal FAAA Learn
- Access to member discounts
- Access to free confidential coaching and support via FAAA Wellbeing
See the FAAA Member Regulation for full eligibility.
The membership fee is $595 per financial year. As a member of this category, you’ll also have the option of paying your membership fee upfront or via regular monthly instalments.
Apply to become a Practitioner member
Apply online now or for more information on becoming a Practitioner member of the FAAA please email or call our Member Services team on 1300 337 301.